Psoriasis - Anogenital in
Genital psoriasis is rather common and usually is comparable with psoriasis found elsewhere on the body. It can be isolated to the genitalia but is frequently part of more generalized involvement. Involvement of the inguinal or crural areas is termed inverse psoriasis. Some individuals have tenderness during sexual intercourse.
L40.0 – Psoriasis vulgaris
9014002 – Psoriasis
Differential Diagnosis & Pitfalls
- Lichen sclerosus
- Lichen simplex chronicus
- Chronic atopic dermatitis patients are often aware of their atopic history, which commonly starts in childhood. Mild-to-moderate spongiosis seen on histology. Look for lichenified plaques on the flexural surfaces and neck. More pruritic than psoriasis.
- Contact dermatitis
- Seborrheic dermatitis – Sebaceous distribution.
- Lichen planus – Very pruritic, associated with hepatitis C. Biopsy will differentiate psoriasis from lichen planus.
- Tinea corporis – Scale at leading edge of erythema with central clearing. Check potassium hydroxide (KOH) preparation.
- Irritant contact dermatitis
- Extramammary Paget disease
- Fixed drug eruption
Drug Reaction Data