- Type 1, dysplastic / congenital – Associated with spina bifida occulta and radiculopathy.
- Type 2, isthmic – Secondary to defect in pars interarticularis with forward slippage of the superior vertebra.
- Type 3, degenerative – Age-related damage to the facet joints with related slippage / damage.
- Type 4, traumatic – Fracture of the neural arch or facet joints.
- Type 5, generalized bone disease – From osteogenesis imperfecta or Paget disease.
M43.10 – Spondylolisthesis, site unspecified
274152003 – Spondylolisthesis