Weathering nodules of ear
While the exact etiology is uncertain, WN are strongly associated with age, chronic UV exposure, and thermal injury. Radiation therapy to the ears is another possible risk factor.
H61.90 – Disorder of external ear, unspecified, unspecified ear
767264001 – Weathering nodule of helix of ear
Differential Diagnosis & Pitfalls
- – A very tender, usually solitary nodule on the helix or, less often, the antihelix. Central minute ulceration with scale or crust is often present.
- – Whitish, chalky papules often accompanied by papules or nodules on other joints. Usually seen in the setting of established hyperuricemia.
- – Tend to affect the anterior crux and adjacent antihelix instead of the helix.
- Primary amyloidosis of the ear – A rare disorder that usually affects the conchal bowl, but other parts of the external ear may be involved. See .
- / sarcoid nodules
- Familial multiple discoid fibromas